Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Grandpa Ted - forever in your hearts

Mike's grandpa Ted passed away last Friday 1/3o, he was 81. He was such a great man, husband, dad and grandfather. I will truly miss him and his awesome bear hugs. He was one that really knew how to give you a hug. He would always know when you needed one too. I'm so thankful my children got to know and love their great-grandpa Ted. He would always tell the girls how beautiful they were and he loved them all so much. He knew the lord Jesus and is now in heaven rejoicing and for that I'm grateful.
Tomorrow will probably be difficult at the funeral saying goodbye, he was just like a grandpa to me from the first time Mike and I started dating. He treated my just like a granddaughter he always had. It is extra hard as he was the only grandpa left on either sides of the family. We all supporting and sending extra prayers for grandma, she is doing well but will need lots of family support in the next months and years. Elizabeth is already planning weekends and spring break with her.

No comments: