Tuesday, December 23, 2008

1 day till Christmas

Do you have all your shopping done? Yes
Are you ready for Christmas? Yes
Are you really ready for your kids to stop asking can we open presents yet? Yes

We can not go a day without Lauren, Ryan or Elizabeth asking can we open a present. I say no and point to the countdown to Christmas on the frig. They are super excited and can't wait for the big day, which make me love Christmas all the more. I just which I could bottle up all their excitement and save it when they are older. I'm guessing when their are 18, 15 and 13 Christmas's won't be as exciting as they are now!!
Our Christmas plans are pretty mellow this year. I only took off Christmas day this year. So, tomorrow night(Christmas Eve) we are just going as a family to look at the Christmas lights around town. Then Christmas morning, we have our traditional breakfast for us 5 and we open our presents as a family. Then my parents will be driving up in the morning to have Christmas with us and probably stay around for 2-3 days. We aren't have Christmas with Mike's side until after the 1st of the year so the kids will get to have Christmas a little longer this year. Hopefully I will get our Christmas mess picked up here at home and put away before we bring more Christmas presents home from Mike's parents.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful Christmas and don't forget Jesus is the reason for the season!